Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Mahindra TUV300 to get more power

Awards, Articles, Rumours, clear the air here!!
Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Mahindra TUV300 to get more power

Postby Sharadkt » 03 May 2016, 16:19

It is a very good move from Mahindra but a big heart break for me and many of us who have bought the vehicle recently.

Mahindra is all set to launch a more powerful version of its TUV300 sub-four-metre SUV. So far, the TUV300 had been available with Mahindra’s mHawk80 1.5-litre, three-cylinder diesel engine that makes 85hp and 230Nm of torque. The more powerful version of the SUV will feature the mHawk100 version of the same engine – the one that does duty on the recently launched NuvoSport. Power and torque numbers are expected to rise to about 102hp and 240Nm respectively.

The original TUV300’s underwhelming performance and subsequent customer feedback are said to have prompted Mahindra to bring out the more powerful version. In fact, the TUV300 mHawk80 that weighs upwards of 1,600kg is among the slowest cars we have tested in recent times; in the manual guise, 0-100kph takes 19.52 seconds. The mHawk100 should help improve performance to some extent, especially on the highway.

You can expect the more powerful TUV300 to be priced higher than the mHawk80 version, which will continue to be on sale. However, the higher prices will further reduce the gap between the TUV300 and NuvoSport. Having two similar-sized SUVs in the same price bracket could prove to be a problem for Mahindra.

-Source - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/m ... 01660.aspx

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: Mahindra TUV300 to get more power

Postby VPandey » 04 May 2016, 08:42

Sharadkt wrote:It is a very good move from Mahindra but a big heart break for me and many of us who have bought the vehicle recently....

Really a good news for prospective buyers but a bad news for existing owners, as we always wanted more power and may those are the feedbacks which prompted Mahindra to bring such change. I hope they offer upgrade to existing owners too.

Now the most crucial would be its pricing, where do Mahindra want to place this variant, as a 100 BHP NuvoSport is already occupying space by a marginal difference of 12 to 25K only and by placing TUV T10 (possibly) 100 BHP around 50 - 80K more than T8, it would come close to 10.5 L, so a TUV available below NuvoSport and a TUV available above NuvoSport too :lol: untill and unless Mahindra decide a price cut for TUV.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 04 May 2016, 09:33

VPandey wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:It is a very good move from Mahindra but a big heart break for me and many of us who have bought the vehicle recently....

Really a good news for prospective buyers but a bad news for existing owners, as we always wanted more power and may those are the feedbacks which prompted Mahindra to bring such change. I hope they offer upgrade to existing owners too.

Now the most crucial would be its pricing, where do Mahindra want to place this variant, as a 100 BHP NuvoSport is already occupying space by a marginal difference of 12 to 25K only and by placing TUV T10 (possibly) 100 BHP around 50 - 80K more than T8, it would come close to 10.5 L, so a TUV available below NuvoSport and a TUV available above NuvoSport too :lol: untill and unless Mahindra decide a price cut for TUV.

Engine upgrade / replacement is not an option Mahindra will take for existing customers, as it will continue selling both engine options to ensure TUV is available in widest price band. Nuvosport is a blunder and will fade away read will meet Quanto's fate post TUV upgrade. I have a feeling, with time, TUV's middle seat too will be upgraded at par with Nuvosport.

Regards,
Sharad

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 12 May 2016, 17:25

Today Mahindra launched a more powerful TUV 300 with NuvoSports mHawk100 engine which will produce 100 BHP (73.5kW 100 bhp
@3750 rpm). The 100 BHP option will be available with TUV T8 and TUV T8 AMT models, whereas as per their website it seems T8 AMT will be only available with mHawk100 engine option. Although on price list page its showing T8 AMT with mHawk80 engine but that will be there till stock lasts.

Well this move by Mahindra to discontinue T8 AMT with mHawk80 engine will certainly annoy exisitng AMT customers as they are feeling cheated now and may have no takers for their under powered AMT's.

Through this community I would request Mahindra to come forward and upgrade all existing AMT owners to 100 BHP.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 15 May 2016, 18:54

T6AMT & T8AMT prices effective only till stocks last.

As mentioned on the official website, clearly shows that Mahindra is willing to discontinue the problematic AMT system of mHawk80 engine. A big setback for all TUV AMT customers who bought AMT with mHawk80 engine. Now their model will no longer be continued and certainly there will be no takers in resale as well.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Return to “News”