Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Booked new TUV300 T8 AMT - Worth to purchase ?

Introduce Yourselves, Your Ride, Get Familiar!
karthik7574
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Booked new TUV300 T8 AMT - Worth to purchase ?

Postby karthik7574 » 30 Mar 2017, 14:44

Hi All

I booked my new TUV300 T8 AMT, in Bangalore India garage showroom, seeing and reading all the posts here in this forum.. i am thinking to proceed with new vehicle. Lot of issues i am seeing here discussed.. is it worth moving further ???

Pls suggest me ..

Thanks
karthik

aditya31
Newbie TUVian

Re: Booked new TUV300 T8 AMT - Worth to purchase ?

Postby aditya31 » 30 Mar 2017, 14:48

Go 4 MT if possible with dual tone. It looks fantastic. I own the same but amt still has some issues so my suggestion it to avoid AMT.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sathishravya
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby Sathishravya » 03 Apr 2017, 13:49

Karthik......My suggestion is to Go for Manual Transmission version instead of AMT

Bhushan27
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby Bhushan27 » 13 Apr 2017, 23:47

SUPREMELY AMAZING CAR - PROUD OWNER

-- I got the TUV T8 100hp Manual, Dual tone (Red Black) in March 2017. Its been more than a month now and trust me the experience has been mind-blowing.

-- No car in this segment can give you the commanding seating position and feel of a True blue SUV.

-- The suspensions are meant to handle Indian roads & there are no two ways that they do their job perfectly well.

-- The average is always above 15 & at times under proper driving conditions, it goes upto 18km/litre.

-- The ROAD PRESENCE is jaw dropping. Other vehicles make way for the TUV on road.

-- The driving pleasure is FANTASTIC.

-- SPACE is beat in class. 7 seats are a bonus.

-- HIGH on security with Airbags, Abs with Ebd, Automatic speed door locks, Child lock.

NOTE : For all those people who wish to buy this car, but are in two minds due to some bad reviews on the internet, trust me, this is one of a kind car. Yes, there were issues with the suspension, automatic gearbox, modulators and so on in the early days, which is common with almost every new car coming to the market. That is the reason, companies manufacture face-lifted versions of the car after sometime and rectify all the issues. Mahindra has also rectified all the major issues with the TUV300. The 100bhp Engine has enough power to make driving a pleasure, both in city & highways. Obviously, dont expect an XUV or FORTUNER type pickup & power delivery from​ the TUV 300 (COST comes into the picture). The automatic ​gearbox is also pretty much refined & rectified, but still it will take sometime to win over people's confidence that was lost due to MAJOR issues in the past.

All in all, TUV 300 has emerged as a winner for me. I am in love with my TANK. Get your TANK soon.

Regards,
Prof. Bhushan Talekar.
Training & Placement Officer,
VIVA Institute of Technology,
Virar, Mumbai.

raghu13uk
Newbie TUVian

Postby raghu13uk » 16 Apr 2017, 15:45

Hi Kathik,

I own a T8 AMT 100 BHP, which I bought a month back. Red color for which I got the black stickering on top plus all pillars. (Check the pics in Gallery section).

I read a lot about characteristics of AMT and specific reviews of the Tank before buying it. I knew what to expect from the AMT box in this tank. So, I did not have much expectations from it. Here is what I experienced about AMT.

Remember:
1. You can notice a lag between gear shift. Seldom, the lag goes as far as 2 seconds.
2. There is no hill hold function. So get used to use the hand break in upward incline along with bumper to bumper traffic.
3. The reverse gear does not have much pull in creep. Slight incline, you need to step on gas to it going backwards.
4. Need to some time to get used to control the vehicle using break. (I draw parallel to moving from Pulsar to Activa. I hated the lack of control in Activa due to missing clutch. But, now I prefer it over Pulsar in city. I think, everyone has to go through the learning curve when moving from gear to automatic or wise-versa).

Cautions:
1. Plan ahead for over takes. Advised to put it in manual, so that the AMT tries to change the gear and you loose the power in the interim.

I took it to Nandi hills to try the effectiveness of the AMT. It climbed like a breeze that too with A/C on. (I always keep it on).

My colleague has it from last 1.5 years. When I asked him about how he handles traffic signals with incline, he said he didn't thought about it. Meaning, using the hand break had become a subconscious effort for him.

I needed at least 15 days to get used to it. Until then, I had apprehension about my decision. (Though I knew what to expect). My only advise is, if you are not ready to get used to it or you are a raw automotive lover (who usually prefer manual), then don't go for it.

ravikiran53746
Newbie TUVian

Postby ravikiran53746 » 05 Aug 2017, 21:26

Hi tuvians

I just bought tuv t8 amt. just getting use to it. Till now it's fantabulous Iam in love seriously enjoying. But Iam missing infotainment which I have in xuv and the sound quality is poor planning to install Bosch or Sony infotainment and upgrade the speakers with amp woofer
Any suggestions welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUV300GN
Newbie TUVian

Postby TUV300GN » 10 Aug 2017, 22:47

Book it. No harm. Me driving it past 11 months . I see not much issue. Scorpio would have been better though.

Return to “Welcome New Members”