Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

All your Suggestions & Feedback comes here.
Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: RE: Re: Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

Postby Sharadkt » 12 Oct 2016, 21:45

dattha3 wrote:I got TUV 300 T8 Mhawk 100 - it is good. I went on a long drive and easily touched 120Kmph+
it is better than t8 80

I agree, it's better to 80 hp only.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sathishravya
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

Postby Sathishravya » 14 Oct 2016, 09:52

dattha3 wrote:I got TUV 300 T8 Mhawk 100 - it is good. I went on a long drive and easily touched 120Kmph+
it is better than t8 80

Absolutely right. I have been enjoying the drive since 5 months on my T8 100 BHP with out any single issue. I have not crossed 100kmph but pulling power is amazing especially when overtaking other vehicles. Not driving for 3-4 days will make me feel like missing something !!

Sathish

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Postby clamfrog82 » 29 Oct 2016, 13:16

The latest TUV 300 MHawk 100 coming out of the factory are relatively free of niggles. Most of the problems in the earlier batches of TUV were related to Vacuum modulators, resonator and Fuel delivery module (FDM). All these issues have been rectified in the newer batches of the TUV 300 mHawk100.
AMT is still not upto the mark with the market competition and has its own share of problems and design faults. I would suggest to steer clear from the AMT and go for the MT TUV300. That would give you the additional advantage of better fuel economy, and not to mention, peace of mind.

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby ankur » 29 Oct 2016, 18:48

clamfrog82 wrote:The latest TUV 300 MHawk 100 coming out of the factory are relatively free of niggles. Most of the problems in the earlier batches of TUV were related to Vacuum modulators, resonator and Fuel delivery module (FDM). All these issues have been rectified in the newer batches of the TUV 300 mHawk100.
AMT is still not upto the mark with the market competition and has its own share of problems and design faults. I would suggest to steer clear from the AMT and go for the MT TUV300. That would give you the additional advantage of better fuel economy, and not to mention, peace of mind.

Hi clamfrog82

How can one identify if any of the parts you mentioned (Vacuum modulators, resonator and Fuel delivery module) needs replacement?

What i mean to say is that i have got my Vacuum modulator replaced 2 months back. At first the service center refused to accept that my tank had any problem at all. They changed it afterwards only because i have read online that if my tank is having some resistance/vibration in the A or C pedal than the culprit is VM and i pushed them to check thoroughly.
I just want to be sure that i am not ignoring any signs of malfunctioning in my tank.

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Postby clamfrog82 » 29 Oct 2016, 20:08

There are varying signs of these things failing in a car. The most common sign of an FDM failing in TUV is engine suddenly losing power and/or failing to start. This is because the FDM is not able to inject fuel into the cylinders at the specified pressure. Due to this there might be an increased engine sound ( knocking) and loss of power. Check engine light will also come on in all probability.

If you have already replaced the vacuum modulator, was it done against any recall notice issued against your car? they will invariably say there is nothing wrong with your car and all that, but you should make it a point always to persist and get everything sorted out. You have paid your hard earned money afterall.

QuickSilver
Newbie TUVian

Postby QuickSilver » 27 Apr 2017, 10:59

As many of you, I am also in the same boat of whether to put in my hard earned money in buying TUV300 or not. When it was launched almost 2 years ago, there were only niggles reported. However, recently I see that there is some positive news also. I have taken multiple test drives of about 30-40kms in various conditions. The vehicle broadly looks okay except for the bouncy ride quality. My concern is still with all the niggles reported and they broadly fall into few categories of vacuum modulator failure leading to a low pick up and power loss issues, coolant level dips, wheel spinning, fuel delivery module (FDM). Rattles and some vibrations, I don't care much. Those are not show stoppers. I am strictly looking T8 100 bhp manual.

The showroom person doesn't seem to be pushy and is willing to share phone number of customers so that I can talk to them. I am in two minds. TUV fulfills my requirement of occasional 7 seater vehicle for short city rides and as a 5 seater with luggage carrying capacity on highway trips. I am a sedate driver who likes to cruise around 80-100, beyond which I still consider Indian highways relatively unsafe, if not completely.

I believe I do sound confused! :?

QuickSilver
Newbie TUVian

Postby QuickSilver » 02 May 2017, 16:50

Booked the 100bhp version a few days back! Waiting for the delivery now.

saketambekar
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby saketambekar » 29 May 2017, 13:30

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy the T8 100Bhp MT variant
1. I would like to know what to watch out for before accepting the delivery. Can someone share the PDI checklist or guide me to a proper resource here?
2. Can I squeeze out some goodies from the dealer? I am getting a 21,000+ discount.

Thanks and Regards,
Saket

nick
Newbie TUVian

Postby nick » 19 Jul 2017, 23:13

Any idea how to check if it comes fitted with MLD? I heard 2017 model comes fitted with MLD. Still, how do we confirm? :mrgreen:

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”