Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

T8 Manual or AMT

Mahindra TUV 300 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: T8 MT 100BHP PDI- engine rpm

Postby Sharadkt » 06 Oct 2016, 12:16

morgen wrote:Hi fellow tuvians,
I am taking my vehicle delivery on 3rd October, hence went for PDI to stockyard in vasant kunj delhi today. Based on the existing thread on engine rpm going down in idling when gear is engaged, I checked. This vehicle has only 9km on odometer and as per my VIN inspection it is manufactured 13th September 2016. So, I guess it should have all kinds of VM and FDM/hose updates already. The engine idled at around 950rpm with neutral but with any gear engaged went down by 100-150 rpm while the vehicle was standstill. Is this normal and expected from a pre-delivery vehicle? Also while doing PDI, I noticed that micro hybrid did not switch-off the vehicle when I put it to neutral after 1st gear, engine started but vehicle was standstill. My SE said they ESS will work after the vehicle has moved a little, I felt like there is some min. distance required before ESS re-engages at the time of test-drive in b2b traffic too.

Regards,
Morgen

your SA said correct.

Return to “Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports”